Standalone Package allows you to use Piggydb as if it is a standalone desktop application. This package can run on any OS as long as Java and the system tray are available.
- The system tray is referred to as:
- "Taskbar Status Area" on Windows
- "Menu Extras" on Mac OS X
- "Notification Area" on Gnome
- "System Tray" on KDE
- Download the latest version of Standalone Package (piggydb-standalone-<version>.zip)
- Unzip the distribution
- Double-click piggydb.exe (Windows) or piggydb-standalone.jar (other operating systems)
- When the Piggydb server is started up, the Piggydb icon will be displayed in the system tray and the home page will be opened in your default browser automatically.
- Login with the owner account (owner/owner).
- You should change owner's password immediately after the first login (Menu [System/Change Password]).
The Piggydb icon is displayed in the system tray while the server is running, and you can control the server with the right-click menu of this icon.